Monday, March 13, 2017

Recap of NYFW Part II: Marc Jacobs

MARC JACOBS

Unfortunately, my life has been school, work and internship since September 2016. I know that a majority of you are tired of me saying that but I must admit that it has been an impenetrable pathway trying to balance everything in my life. Even though at times I feel like completely giving up, I remind myself of the compulsive drive that I have toward graduating and holding my MSW diploma. I am slowly counting the days till May so I can do what I love: Work as a Social Worker and continue blogging! 

Who else was amazed at the old school hip-hop style that Marc presented for his F/W collection? I know that I was! Instead of doing interviews Marc put his thoughts and ideas behind this collection in writing. He stated that he was inspired for this collection by a Netflix documentary called Hip-Hop Evolution.  He wanted people to know how much respect and acknowledgment he has for the never-forgotten generation with the composed polish consideration applied to fashion, which in his words "...will forever be the foundation of youth culture street style." The models wore fur-collared jackets, retro platforms, retro-chic and corduroy pants and modern party dresses; Also, let's not forget the statement hats as well as prodigious blings :) 

I wasn't able to show off my street style as much for this NYFW but I included a few photos from 
what I have. 

xx


















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LaSelmaStyle. All rights reserved.