Monday, June 13, 2016

Next Stop Grad School



Oh my, how long has it been since I've posted something on my page? Weeks! There comes a time where something serious occurs in your life and you just realize that this situation is volatile. Therefore, I had to take time off from blogging and social media in general. But I wanted to get back to my journey by showing you all my graduation pictures and sharing my feelings during this time.

For those of you who don't know. I was actually born in Kosovo and I came to United States when I was 12 years old. Being so young in a such a huge country was exciting but at the same time petrifying. I didn't know the language and I didn't know how I had to"act". I had so many ups and downs during middle and high school. Due to the lack of English language that I had I couldn't pass certain exams and I had to be punished for work that wasn't being handed in. However, once I finally ended High School I decided to begin college with a brand new book. A book where I can start fresh and be someone. Through diligent days and nights of papers, exams, projects and nervous presentations that I had to overcome I made it to my graduation date as an honors student.  The hard work that I did over the years finally paid off and the day that I graduated doesn't only make me exuberant but it also gives me an exhilarated feeling for what's coming for me: GRAD SCHOOL. 

I was accepted into the Fordham University, Social Work Graduate, One Year Advance Program and I am so flattered to say that my decision was made in the spot. I decided to go along with my first instinct and respond with my decision. At this moment I have so many mixed emotions towards grad school. I am scared but at the same time excited. I know that I will have many sleepless nights but what gets me through those strenuous days and nights is the finish line. The line where will determine the rest of my future by giving me fulfillment of achievement towards what I want to do in life.

Cant wait to see what life will bring my way. x  Live One Day At A time x Don't Rush x




















SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Slema, your graduation pictures are lovely. It's such a great time to celebrate with family. I'm still in love with your cap. Good luck with Grad School, you'll do fantastic. It's ok to be scary, it will make the journey even better, more rewarding. One step at a time.
    XO,
    Maria
    MariaOnPoint http://mariaonpoint.com/ | Find me on IG https://www.instagram.com/mariajabad/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I am definitely nervous for grad school but It's something that I really want to accomplish and it will all be worth it once I graduate with my master's degree ;)

      Delete
  2. Yay, I'm so happy for you! Big things are coming girl :) Keep at it!

    WWW.MARIANNYC.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! Keep up the hardwork! Hardwork seriously is the MAIN thing that sets people apart, doesn't matter how talented or skilled someone is- the person who works the hardest gets the farthest! Good luck with Grad School- you got this!

    xo Andrea
    http://www.PrettyProperQuaint.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea and I appreciate your support a lot! <3 Hard work pays off and every time I get lazy while studying or finishing up assignments I start to think about my future and embrace how rewarding all this is going to be!

      Delete

© LaSelmaStyle. All rights reserved.