Friday, May 13, 2016

April: Project Re-Design

Hi my loves, this is definitely a busy time time right now for me. I'm graduating in a few weeks, my birthday is this week, I'm ending my internship, doing everything I need to register for graduate school and so much more. While trying to get everything done I try to do my best and focus on my blog. I am also working on a BRAND NEW PAGE and I can't wait for it to launch. There will be so much more happiness on the new one. However, everyone please bare with me on this one until the new is discovered. 
So I came up with this project called "Project Re-Design" where each month I choose one blogger to collaborate with. For the month of April I asked my friend Katya from Stylesprinter.com. While having brunch with Katya I brought up the idea to her and she thought that it was very interesting. Therefore, I stated:
1st. We will both purchase one decent price item. An item that does not have a lot of design going on. We will go shopping together and purchase something that we both agree on.
2nd. Once we buy this particular item we will both take individual pictures with it.
3rd. We will begin designing this item based on our own interests and style. What you want to do with this item is design it the way you would want to wear it. You can do anything you want to it. Buy fabric and add on to it, glue flowers, papers, paint it, add strings/fringe etc.
4th. Once we are both done designing our specific item, we will meet and do a photoshoot together. We will take pictures individually and some separate. 
5th. Once the pictures are done and edited we will post them. We will post on the same day and time. We will include the regular pictures that we took prior to re-designing the item and the ones we took after we designed it.
Then, I also told her the purpose of this collaboration is: 
1. To show people that you don’t always have to spend large amount of money on clothes in order to match your style. You can use your creativity and make something out of what you already might have or you’ve bought for a cheap price.
2. Show people who you are based on your own design.
3. To help each other and show individuals that we have more skills rather than just wearing clothing and taking pictures of them. We can use our knowledge and creativity to construct something new.
While shopping for the item Katya and I tried on a bunch of clothes from Zara and Mango. Therefore, our final choice was this plain white skirt. We both decided that this would be a perfect piece for us to work with. We both wanted to be contented with the item that we chose.. Katya decided to add black ruffles on the bottom of her skirt which gave it a girly vibe. Let me tell you, Katya has some really great sowing skills. Her stitching was incredibly impressive. I really liked the way she used her style sense and placed it into this skirt. However, I decided to add a new fabric in order to challenge my skills. I also decided to leave the fabric half way and clue it into the original skirt. I also decided to play around with some cool stickers from Michaels. Since I've never been to Paris I decided to choose a Paris theme. It was truly a pleasure to collaborate with Katya for this project  I  the other She's such ao great person to work with! xo








Photography By: Mani Andreone 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LaSelmaStyle. All rights reserved.