Saturday, July 2, 2016

June: Project Re-Design

Hello everyone! happy thursday <3 i can't believe how we all get so happy when the weekend comes around. It's like our whole perspective of life changes haha but anyways. As most of you know I started a new project this year called "Project Re-Design". For every month I chose a different blogger to collaborate with. Both of us purchase one specific item that we agree on and we design it based on our own styles. For this month I chose Sierra Schast. The first day that Sierra and I met to shop for our item was as if we knew each other for years. She was so sweet and down to earth. She made me feel like a friend who I haven't seen in a long time.  While being in a such a rush we came down to this plain and simple navy blue dress. Very basic? I know! But basic is good when it comes to wanting to throw all your ideas on it. So, since we were both in a rush we just grabbed it and purchased it. Now, this dress was only $9 from Forever21

Since this design was going to be for June and I like to post most of my Project Re-Design posts at the end of each month, I thought that it would be a cool idea to show a simple outfit that girls/guys can wear for 4th of July. Since last time I went a little crazy with my design. I wanted to switch things around this time. I stopped thinking about myself and put my focus towards everyone else. I thought to myself..what's something easy that someone would wan't to put on for 4th of july? I went to Micahel's and purchased a thick red banner ribbon with white stars on them and another thin plain white ribbon. Then, instead of going over-thinking I wanted to keep it cute and simple. I added the thick red ribbon on the bottom of my dress. This was so easy! You can either sow it or you can just put it up with safety pins [that's what I did ;)] and then I used the thin ribbon to create a long and cute bow on top, where my chest is located. Once again, I used a small safety pin to leave this white ribbon hanging. Easy peasy!! 

Sierra decided to take things a little different by placing large black stars on the dress. Sierra has such a great personality and I love what she did with her dress. I feel like you can definitely tell that she has a nice and outgoing personality from the spots that she decided to place her stars on. I love it! In the last picture Sierra wanted to show everyone that this 4th of july look could be turned into a beach boardwalk day. You can wear this light material dress on a relaxed day and just go out for a walk by the water. Sierra's look could also go for a Sunday. Also, if you have errands to run or a last minute brunch? Put on your navy blue dress that you designed and you're good to go. 

till next time xo 













My Pictures were photographer by: Elvir Ali
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Super cute look, the one with the red and white stars is my favorite though. Hope you're having a great weekend!
    XO,
    Maria
    MariaOnPoint http://mariaonpoint.com/ | Find me on IG https://www.instagram.com/mariajabad/

    ReplyDelete

© LaSelmaStyle. All rights reserved.